Gordon Ramsay lost 3st and 8lbs in weight in recent years through a healthy vegetarian diet. Get in excellent shape too with this quick and easy dish:
- 8 large, outer spring green leaves
- 200g hummus
- 2 carrots, grated
- ¼ small red cabbage, very finely shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 1 punnet of salad cress, snipped
For the dressing / Dipping Sauce
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the dressing/dipping sauce, put all the ingredients into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well until completely combined, then add warm water 1 teaspoon at a time, mixing after each addition until you reach a drizzling/ dipping consistency.
- Heat a medium frying pan three-quarters full of hot water and bring to a simmer.
- Cut the woody stem from the very bottom of each spring green leaf, leaving as much of the leaf as possible intact. Dip each leaf, one at a time, into the hot water for 10 seconds or until wilted and bright green in colour. Remove and leave to one side.
- Spread the leaves out on a board. Divide the hummus between the leaves and spread it out.
- Arrange a little grated carrot, shredded red cabbage, sliced avocado and cress in the middle of each leaf. Drizzle each pile of vegetables with a little dressing, then fold the sides of the leaves inwards over the filling and roll up from the bottom, enclosing the mixture completely.
- Place the wraps, edge side down, on a board and slice them diagonally through the middle, then serve with the dipping sauce in a bowl on the side.
- Get stuck in!
HOW TO SOFTEN CABBAGE LEAVES
If you don’t have time to blanch the cabbage leaves, you can put them in the microwave for 10 – 12 seconds to soften them.
Alternatively, dine at Gordon Ramsay restaurant below with the Luxury Restaurant Club, the club for gourmet diners, and enjoy complimentary fizz, see individual restaurants for details. Simply, download the Luxury Restaurant Guide free app here and follow steps to join club.