With Valentines Day fast approaching, get your loved ones all gooey over this sweet treat from Gordon Ramsay.
Skill level 2 (1 simple to 5 being complex and challenging)
SERVES 4 (easily doubled)
- 150g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 150g dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped or broken into small chunks
- 90g plain flour (25g for moulds, 75g for cake mix)
- 25g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 200g caster sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, crème fraiche or whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/Gas 5. Grease 4 x 220ml dariole moulds or ramekins with butter, mix together the cocoa powder and 25g of plain flour and dust the inside of the moulds, place them on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Put the butter and chocolate into a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water (don’t let the bottom of the bowl touch the water underneath) and leave until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, sift over the flour and then whisk it in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks and sugar until combined, then whisk this into the chocolate mixture, until smooth and well combined. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared dariole moulds or ramekins, dividing equally. Bake for 9 minutes – the fondants are ready when you shake each one gently and only the middle moves a little.
- Remove from the oven, and then, using a sharp knife, gently loosen around the inside edge of each mould, if necessary. Carefully invert each fondant onto a serving plate and serve immediately with crème fraiche, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Alternatively, dine with the Luxury Restaurant Club and enjoy complimentary fizz at one of the Gordon Ramsay restaurants below (a complimentary cocktail of the week at Savoy Grill), not valid on February 14th, see individual restaurants for details.
Download the Luxury Restaurant Guide FREE APP HERE and follow steps to join club.
Bread Street Kitchen – 10 Bread Street, Barbican, London, EC4M 9AJ
Heddon Street Kitchen – 3-9 Heddon Street, Mayfair, London, W1B 4BE
London House – 7-9 Battersea Village, Battersea, London, SW11 3RA
Maze Grill Mayfair – 10-13 Grosvenor Square, Mayfair, London, W1K 6JP
Maze Grill Park Walk – 11 Park Walk, Chelsea, London, SW10 0AJ
Maze Grill Royal Hospital Road – 79 Royal Hospital Road, Chelsea, London, SW3 3QP
Petrus – 1 Kinnerton Street, London, SW1X 8ED
Plane Food – Terminal 5 Heathrow Airport, Wellington Road, Hounslow, London, TW6 2GA
Savoy Grill – Savoy Hotel, Strand, London, WC2R 0EU
The Narrow – 44 Narrow Street, Limehouse, London, E14 8DP