The Luxury Restaurant Guide presents a delicious dessert recipe from Michelin-starred Pied à Terre’s menu, which is totally Vegan. Pied à Terre, one of the most popular gourmet hot-spots since 1991, is the original Fitzrovia restaurant meticulously constructing Modern French dishes in a discreetly decorated dining room.
Head Chef Asimakis Chaniotis (pictured below) uses Aguafaba (chickpea water from tinned chickpeas),for it’s many interesting qualities and uses as a substitute for egg.
As a general rule you will need 2 tbsp of Aquafaba to replace 1 egg white, they can be used in desserts, for Macarons, marshmallows, baked Alaska, pavlova, mayo/aioli and in cocktails; to name a few uses.
See Pied à Terre’s recipe for the main elements of their dessert, below:
600gr of bananas
400gr of clear gel(napage/available in Waitrose)
Blend all the ingredients cold in a high speed blender and then place the liquid in an ice cream machine until set
VEGAN BANANA CAKE
225g Plain flour
3 tsp Baking powder
100g Brown sugar
3 tsp Cinnamon or Mixed spice
3 large Black bananas, mashed
75g Vegetable oil
1 Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2 Mash the peeled bananas with a fork. Mix well with oil and sugar.
3 Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and combine well.
4. Add raisins.
5. Baked in a greased and lined moulds for 10 minutes, before checking. Cover with foil, if the loaf cake is browning.
6. Allow to cool a little before slicing.
Freeze and use when needed!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Cup /240 ml aquafaba (chick pea water from tinned chick peas)
140 g dark 100% chocolate vahlrona
A generous splash of plant milk
20 g sugar
1 tsp of lemon juice
1. Melt chocolate in a bowl over boiling water with he plant milk – when melted set aside to cool.
2. Combine aquafina and lemon juice – which in a super clean bowl with electric whisk, about 12 to 15 minutes for stiff peak.
3. Once you reached stiff peaks, start adding sugar, bit by bit, whipping the whole time. If sugar has caused the stiff peaks to perish, whip the mixture until you get stiff peaks again.
4. Gently fold the cool melted chocolate into whipped aquafaba using a silicone spatula. Do not worry if your fluffy mixture deflates once the chocolate has been added – that’s perfectly normal.
5. Spoon into piping bag to dress to dessert (fill moulds to have as stand alone dessert).
Dine at Pied à Terre with the Luxury Restaurant Club and enjoy an extra course. Simply download the Luxury Restaurant Guide free app here and follow steps to join the Club.
Discover all the best restaurants with free The Luxury Restaurant Guide app and the latest gourmet news and openings.