STRAWBERRY & BEETROOT SORBET
This recipe not only looks fresh, but tastes fresh as well. Impress your dinner party guests with this deliciously cool and refreshing recipe – the perfect way to end a summer meal. Recipe by Head Chef Alistair Craig.
- 500g Raw Strawberry Purée
- 500g Raw Beetroot Juice
- 250g Water
- 250g Sugar
- 50g Glucose
- Bring the water, sugar and glucose to a boil then chill.
- Combine the syrup, beetroot juice and strawberry purée and adjust acidity with lime.
- Churn and freeze.
- Cut the strawberries into quarters and mix with the sugar then leave for twenty minutes.
- Arrange in a dish with a lovely helping of the sorbet. Serve.
Alternatively, dine with the Luxury Restaurant Club at Cambium Restaurant at Careys Manor Hotel and enjoy a 15% reduction from the food bill on days shown. Similar dessert available is Beetroot Sorbet with Strawberry Granita, Meringue and Lemon Balm, and is available for £10 on both the a la carte and vegan menus. See here for member offer details. Download free app below and follow steps to join Club.