Sweet tooth or not, this is a treat for the eye as well as for Easter. This easy to follow recipe will help you make a spectacular dessert for Easter day – cover in berries for the grown-ups, or with mini eggs for younger ones.
Alternatively, why not dine at this most stunning of five-star hotels in glorious Hampshire countryside. As a recommended Luxury Restaurant Guide location club members enjoy 20% off food and beverages when dining in The Avenue Restaurant at Lainston House Hotel, part of Exclusive Hotels, as shown below.
GET THE RECIPE
- 90gr butter unsalted (cold)
- 30gr Demerara sugar
- 50gr sugar
- 30gr almond powder
- 60gr flour
- 16gr cocoa powder
- Chocolate cream:
- 220gr milk
- 220gr cream whipping
- 180gr yolks (10 yolks)
- 80gr sugar
- 220gr 70% chocolate
Makes : 2 tarts of 20cm diameter
Preparation time : 1 hour
Total time to cook : 8 minutes
Making the crumble base:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together in the mixer. (except the butter)
- Cut the cold butter into small dices then add it to the mix.
- Mix until it is a breadcrumb texture.
- Freeze it until firm, then using the food processor, blitz it to thin crumbs.
- Pour into 2 X 20 cm ring over an oven tray lined with silicon paper.
- Cook for approximately 10/12 minutes.
- Allow to cool down in the ring.
Making the chocolate cremeux :
- Pour the cream and milk into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar together (with speed).
- Melt down the chocolate in a large bowl.
- Pour the boiled mix over the yolks and stir well.
- Place the mix back into the pan and cook it to 82 degrees using a thermometer or probe.
- Pour the cooked cream over the melted chocolate then mix well.
- Finish the cream using the hand blender until a silky texture.
- Pour the cream over the 2 cold crumble rings.
- Reserve in the fridge.
Finishing of the cake :
- Once set in the fridge slide the tart carefully over a plate.
- Warm up the edge of the ring with the blow torch and slide the ring up.
- Decorate the tart with your choice of fruit and chocolate decors.
SEE MORE IMAGES FROM LAINSTON HOUSE …
Tel : +44 (0)1962 776088
Also, check out the Season Cookery School at Lainston House here.