It may surprise you to know that many so called ‘Red Carpet Luncheon’ places offer surprisingly good value. Market Menus use seasonal ingredients and change frequently depending on what the chef feels is fresh and current and they often use the menu as an opportunity to try out dishes for inclusion on A la Carte. Add to that the benefits you receive from being a Design Restaurants member and you can bring the cost of three course meal down to as little as £11.25 a head for three courses!
We have identified ten superb venues offering delicious market menus at incredible value – pretty much the same price as eating at your local pub – but instead you are treated to exquisite service, sumptuous surroundings and the best ingredients cooked by top-class chefs at prestigious destinations. You will be amazed at the value being offered at these destination restaurants. We’ve given a menu sample of starter, main and desert for each including a link to the full menu and also a price for three courses with and without Design Restaurants Membership Card. Get lunching!
Menu includes a choice of 3 starters, 3 main courses, two deserts and/or cheese board and includes:
- Celeriac and Bramley Apple Veloute with hazlenuts and blue cheese gougere
- Fillet of Roast Pollock with Beaufort crust, pearl barley, parsley and broccoli
- Golden Pineapple Tatin with rum caramel and pink peppercorn ice cream
£28 for 3 courses with a £5 supplement if choosing cheese or £12.50 as an extra cost, coffee and bonbons £5
Club members dine complimentary when dining with at least one full paying guest for lunch Monday to Friday – meaning two people dine for just £14 each. Click here to book.
2. Bybrook at The Manor House Hotel, Castle Combe
We reviewed the Market Menu at this wonderful Michelin starred restaurant just after Christmas which you can read here. Menu includes choice of two starters, two main courses and two deserts.
- Crispy Manor House hens egg, Jerusalem artichoke veloute, pancetta, king oyster mushroom
- Slow cooked shoulder of Manor House pork, shallot mash, butternut squash puree, Stornaway black pudding
- Rice pudding mousse, watermelon salsa, mango sorbet
£25 for two courses and £28 for three.
Club members dine complimentary when dining with at least one full paying guest for lunch Tuesday to Saturday – meaning two people dine for just £14.00 each. Click here to book.
3. Bingham, Richmond Upon Thames
Although members don’t receive discount on the Market Menu the value is still superb. The menu includes a choice of two starters, two main courses and two desserts.
- Artichoke Soup, roast artichoke, curry oil
- Roast Garlic Gnocchi, roast cauliflower, trompettes
- White Chocolate Cheese Cake, Bailey’s ice cream
- Cheese selection (Market Supplement £6)
£15.00 for 3 courses (available to end April 2014)
Club discount only available from a la carte when dining with at least one full paying guests for lunch Monday – Thursday. Click here to book.
Enjoy the Best of British Lunch menu in the restaurant. Menu offers a choice of three starters, three main courses and three desserts including:
- Home smoked salmon, citrus curd, charred leek
- Pan-Fried Fillet of Gilt-Head Bream, seaweed gnocchi, pickled baby turnip
- Spiced blancmange, conﬁt cranberries, chilled mandarin soup
- Selection of British Cheeses homemade chutney and biscuits (£5.00 supplement)
£20 for two courses, £25 for 3 courses
Club members receive 10% reduction from total food and beverage bill for Lunch Tuesday to Friday. Click here to book.
The Oak Room has by far the most extensive menu choice in this list of hotels offering 7 starters and 8 mains including:
- Parfait of Foie Gras, Chicken Livers, Truffled Salad, Saffron Brioche
- Fillet of Beef, Celeriac, Spinach, Parsley Pesto & Poached Oyster
- Clementine & Marmalade Souffle, Vanilla Ice-Cream, White Chocolate Sauce
£23.00 for two courses, £29.00 for three courses (Thursday to Saturday midday until 2pm for lunch)
Club members dine complimentary when dining with at least one full paying guest for lunch Thursday to Saturday – meaning two people dine for just £14.50 each. Click here to book.
7. Tapestry Restaurant, Bailiffscourt, Climping
Tapestry offers a choice of three starters, three main courses and three desserts with a supplement for side dishes if required and menu includes:
- Blue Cheese and Walnut Beignets with Cumin Spiced Bok Choy and Tomato Oil
- Black Bream and Clams Poached in Red Mullet and Basil Soup with Courgettes and Herb Gnocchi
- Apricot and Almond Tart with Bellini Sauce and Orange Ice Cream
£18.50 for two courses, £22.50 for three courses (coffee £2.95, Petit Fours £4.95)
Club members dine complimentary when dining with at least one full paying guest for Monday to Sunday – meaning two people dine for just £11.25 each. Click here to book.
Home to Steven Edwards, Masterchef The Professionals Winner 2013, you will be thoroughly spoilt with this wonderful menu which includes Stevens signature vanilla dessert (viewers of Masterchef will remember ‘Vanilla-gate’!):
- Slow Cooked Duck Egg , Chorizo, confit tomato, white bean veloute
- Shoulder & Fillet of Hogget , Confit potato, cauliflower, carrots
- Vanilla creme brulee , Honeycombe, pomegranate sorbet
£18.00 for two course, £23.50 for three courses
Club members dine complimentary when dining with at least one full paying guest for lunch Monday to Saturday – meaning two people dine for just £11.75 each. Click here to book.
9. The Avenue, Lainston House Hotel, Winchester
This charming 17th century house house offers a lunch in 3 AA Rosette The Avenue with a menu that includes:
- Mackerel, potato salad, parsley, cottage cheese
- Roasted chicken, thyme,mash, swede, shitake
- Milk chocolate parfait, pistachio, olive oil cake, orange
£22.00 for two courses, £32.50 for three courses
Club members dine complimentary when dining with at least one full paying guest for lunch Monday to Saturday – meaning two people dine for just £16.25 each. Click here to book.
10. Humphry’s at Stoke Park Hotel, Stoke Poges
This stunning estate has a number of restaurants and Humphry’s offers a choice on the menu for lunch of three starters, three main courses and three desserts which includes:
- Tomato Consommé with Goat’s Cheese Tortellini
- Cannon of New Season Lamb with Windsor Ale Slow-braised Osso Buco, Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Root Vegetables
- White Chocolate Mousse with Lemon Gel, Blueberry Compote, White Chocolate and Pistachio Crumble
£25.00 for two courses, £29.00 for three courses
Club members dine complimentary when dining with at least one full paying guest for lunch Wednesday to Saturday – meaning two people dine for just £14.50 each. Click here to book.
Membership to Design Restaurants Club is just £90 for a full year and gives you benefits in all 10 of these fantastic restaurants and over 300 more! Members also receive lovely invitations throughout the year to art exhibitions, sporting and musical events which offer great savings. Go to www.designrestaurants.com for more info or to join today call 01276 850581.