Interesting statistics from Allegra Strategies’ Eating Out Report in the UK 2011 Report showing 2.8% growth in the dining out market as reported by Big Hospitality this week with the strongest growth in the lunch trade.
According to the report:
- One in nine meals eaten out of home compared with one in ten meals in 2010
- Lunch is the most popular mealtime with visits increasing from 3.4 per month last year to 4.1 per month in 2011.
- Lunch trade 62%, dinner trade 23% and breakfast 15%
- A third of the public consume lunch out of home at least once a week
- Half of dinner now regularly use reduction incentives compared to a third in 2010
Design Restaurants Club subscribers, providing its members with exclusive privileges and rates at top tier restaurants, has seen a growth rate of 39% over the half year to 2011 compared to 2010.